Lightweight Body Armor Plates
Welcome to Lightweight Armor Solutions
We are here to provide made in the USA body armor to those who take responsibility for protecting their country, communities and families. Whether you want max protection or the lightest plates possible we have you covered. Our goal is simple: to help keep the good guys safe and aid in the defeat of evil scum.
Stay in the fight with Lightweight Armor Solutions!
Rifle Plate Sizing
Measure from the top of your sternum to the top of belly button. Now Subtract 2". This is about the right plate height.
You want your front rifle plate to be at least 2" above your belly button so it will not interfere with your mobility when kneeling, squatting, bending over, etc. The goal is to protect your vital organs. An armor plate that is too small will leave you vulnerable in places, but a rifle plate that is too large will impede your mobility. Experienced people who use hard armor and a gun often prefer a smaller plate that covers the vital organs, but doesn't get in the way. If your goal is to have some armor to throw on and hide in your closet in a pinch then a larger plate may make sense for you. If you plan to wear rifle plates while performing any physical task then size must be considered. Call or email with questions on selecting the proper size rifle plate. (512) 715-4015 orders@LightweightArmorSolutions.com
Polyethylene Rifle Plates
Summary of Polyethylene Rifle Plates
Polyethylene or UHMWPE Rifle Plates are currently the lightest rifle plates on the market. They are a great option for many people who know the value of saving ounces. Or in this case lbs!
- -Very lightweight
- -Extremely Durable- no worries about dropping them or tossing them around
- -Positive Buoyancy: they float and won't drag you down in water
- -Multi-hit capable
- -Not prone to bullet ricochet or splatter like steel
- -Not rated to stop the M855/ Green Tip 5.56 mm Round
- -Can degrade in extreme temperatures: Over 150 Degrees F or less than -15 Degrees F
Ceramic Rifle Plates
A Word about Ceramic Rifle Plates
Ceramic Rifle Plates are necessary to achieve a Level 4 Rating, which will stop an M2AP or 30.06 Armor Piercing round.
- -Max Protection- will stop almost all small arms, especially those common in the U.S.
- -Not Temperature sensitive
- -Not prone to bullet ricochet or splatter like Steel
- -Subject to fracture with accidental dropping or careless abuse
- -Heavier than comparable size of UHMWPE Plate